Sunday, July 15, 2007

Finally over

The show I've been working on finally closed last night, and I was in the theatre all of this afternoon taking the set apart. I'm finally free again after three months of intense rehearsal, tech and performances! It's too early to tell how I feel about the whole experience. When I was in school, I always had fun working on shows , but this time it was so different: I had a full time job all day, and running off to spend until midnight in a cramped, dingy theater was only fun up until a point. What made the experience bearable was seeing a pretty hilarious show finally go on stage, and the wonderful people I worked with. The actors were funny both on and off the stage, and the producer, director and fellow crew members were quite the supportive bunch. I just wish I hadn't been so tired for these last three months. Now I get a bit of time to rest and enjoy the rest of the summer - and go see a bunch of American Ballet Theatre performances!


The closing night audience from my perch in the control booth.


The actors strike the set at the end of the night - literally.

No comments: