Was running out of time in the internet cafe this afternoon while writing up the last post, so I didn't get to blog that I also met Tonya from Swan Lake Samba Girl on Tuesday night, at the Don Q screening! Tonya was so nice to have written about our meet up on her blog; I feel like I just got my first ever outside profile/bio!! (Though really, she wasn't the pig at Cafe Mozart that night - I was the one who suggested a side of fries, my primary weakness, and kept reaching into the bowl all night...) I really like how Tonya always brings her own perspective to things, which is evident of course in her blog. Somehow Tonya and I ended up talking about our encounters with some people who have seen things for such a long time and have developed their own "ideas" about those artforms, dismissing opinions of newbies (no one blogging wise!!). I hope that we at least won't lose touch with that initial gut reaction and curiostiy about things, even as we watch more and more. Tonya was great to meet and talk to - I'm still always excited to meet up with other ballet fans and bloggers. I'm excited to have now met several fellow internet bloggers: Tonya of course, plus Susan, (who has a fantastic post about Slow Dancing in LA, which I will literally hop off the plane and race over to see on Saturday), Jennifer (or here) and the ringleader herself, Kristen!
Postscript- OK I know what some of you (BRYANT!) will be asking me in reference to paragraph 1: why was I blogging in an internet cafe while in New York for a limited time? I just really felt like I needed to get out some of those thoughts before I saw too many other shows in between, and had an extra hour between matinee and evening shows - I suppose there is, you know, a physical journal I could have written in, but come on, really this is the digital age... (note sarcasm, please :-))
1 comment:
Haha, that was really fun :) Their french fries were good. I can't wait to hear what you think of Slow Dancing!
Post a Comment