Monday, September 17, 2007

Harrowing hour



It took nearly an hour, during which I was continually rejected by the Met web site and shunned by the phone room's busy signal, but I finally got through and got a ticket to the Metropolitan Opera's open house on Thursday!!! Nearly gave up hope when the public web site displayed "The House is Full" on the main page, but my brother and I kept clicking in futility and then suddenly, miraculously, my brother got through, I switched to his computer, and got me that ticket. (Thanks, bro!) It wouldn't be such a big deal not getting in under normal circumstances, but seeing as this is my only week in New York and therefor a rare opportunity to actually visit the Met - in the near future, anyway - I felt like I had to get that ticket. So, WOOT. I got it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your impressions of the new LUCIA production and of the singing.

If I'd known you were in town, we might have met up!

Art said...

I wish we had gotten the chance to meet up! Next time, or perhaps when/if I end up relocating...